KARNATAKA CUSTOMS CENTRAL EXCISE SERVICE TAX &
LTU MINISTERIAL OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
P.B. No.: 5400, CENTRAL REVENUE BUILDINGS, QUEEN’S ROAD, BENGALURU - 560 001
(Recognized by Government of India, vide F. NO. 13-12017/13/2005/AD.IV A. dated 04.03.2010)
President Vice President General Secretary
PRAFULLA PRAKASH T.R. SARASWATHY SYED SADIQULLAH M.
WEB: www.karmin-cceblogspot.com Email id: email@example.com
The Annual General Body Meeting of the Karnataka Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and LTU Ministerial Officers’ Association was held on 22.01.2016 at Headquarters Central Excise & Customs Headquarters, Queen’s Road, Bengaluru. The meeting was presided over by the General Secretary of the Association Smt. T.V. Rajalakshmi. During her opening address while welcoming all the members and office bearers, she apprised all the members that due to paucity of funds and other un-avoidable reasons the present office bearers of the Association are not in a position to discharge their duties effectively and stressed to energize the Association by inducing fresh faces in the Association, so that it can function more effectively. Further, she informed the members that the Association President Shri U. Manjunath Holla is also due to retire in the month of January 2016. Due to which election of the new body to the Association becomes inevitable and requested every member present in the meeting to participate / nominate in the process of electing a Fresh Team of Office Bearers for all the positions of the Association.
2. Smt. T.V. Rajalakshmi, General Secretary, then accorded felicitation to the outgoing President, Shri, U. Manjunath Holla, by acquainting the house of his sincere and dedicated service to the Association both in the capacity of the President and as a Treasurer.
3. Shri U. Manjunath Holla, during his address, as the outgoing President, stressed upon of induction of young and energetic Office Bearers in order to make the Association pro-active and strong, by selecting Office bearers, who could be effectively motivated to address the long pending and ongoing issues related to Ministerial cadres etc.
4. While presenting the Annual Report for the year 2015-16, Smt. T.V. Rajalakshmi, General Secretary, illustrated the achievements of the Association at the local level directly and at National level obliquely. Also the Annual Income / Expenditure details and books of Accounts have been presented to the Members. The House was informed that a Special Meeting of the All India Ministerial Association has been called upon urgently to be held at Ahmadabad on 23.01.2016 primarily to discuss the ongoing issues related to Cadre restructure, Recruitment Rules, One Time Relaxations for promotions & other issues etc. Shri Sailendra Kumar Dutta, Tax Assistant from Central Excise IV Commissionerate, Bengaluru, has been nominated from the Karnataka Unit at a short notice to represent and attend the scheduled meeting.
5. She further, informed the house that with the co-operation and support from all the Members, the efforts of the Association in pursuing some of the long pending demands had yielded positive results and stressed upon, that still lots of efforts have to be undertaken, to achieve the requisite positive results, while solving many outstanding issues which may affect the Ministerial Officer in long run, if not addressed now. She congratulated all the members who had got their promotions in the various cadres consequent to cadre restructuring.
6. While concluding her address, she proposed the merger of Ministerial Association along with (all) other Associations representing different cadres of the Central Excise Zone, Bengaluru, under one umbrella Association, which will make the single Association more effective in functioning. The proposal was appreciated and approved by all the members present in the meeting.
7. Since the tenure of the existing office bearers had long expired, the House then proceeded for the election / nomination of the new office bearers for the various posts. Smt. Geeta Menon and Smt Radha Madhavan, Administrative Officers were requested to officiate as the presiding officers to oversee the election / nomination proceedings.
8. Thereafter, the House unanimously elected / nominated the following Members to the respective posts as the Office bearers of the Association.
9. It was further decided that, in absence of any members from the respective Commissionerate, a representatives will be elected / nominated / co-opted in consultation with the members of the respective Commissionerate, under intimation to the Office bearers of the Association.
10. The meeting was concluded with a unanimous decision to authorize the new Office Bearers to organize a special meeting at the earliest to discuss the cadre related issues and to take necessary appointment from the Chief Commissioner for familiarization of the new office bearers.
[SYED SADIQULLAH M.]
To All the Members
Copy submitted for information to : -
The Chief Commissioner, Central Excise Zone, Bengaluru / Mysuru
The Chief Commissioner, Customs Zone, Bengaluru
The Principal Commissioner, Central Excise I Commissionerate, Bengaluru
The Principal Commissioner, LTU / LTU Audit, Bengaluru
The Principal Commissioner, Bengaluru City Customs / International Airport Commissionerate, B’luru
The Commissioner, Central Excise II / III / IV / V Commissionerate, Bengaluru
The Commissioner, Central Excise Audit Commissionerate, Bengaluru
The Commissioner, Service Tax – I / Service Tax – II Commissionerate, Bengaluru
The Principal Commissioner / Commissioner of Service Tax Audit Commissionerate, Bengaluru
The Commissioner of Customs, Mangaluru
The Commissioner of Central Excise, Mysuru / Mangaluru / Belagavi
The Commissioner of Audit, Mysuru
The Commissioner of Central Excise, Appeals I / II Bengaluru
The Commissioner of Customs (Appeals), Bengaluru
The Commissioner, Service Tax (Appeals), Bengaluru
The Commissioner of Central Excise (Appeals), Mysuru
The Commissioner (AR) CESTAT, Bengaluru
The Additional Director General, NACEN, Bengaluru
The Additional Director General DGCEI, Bengaluru / Mangaluru
The Additional Director General, DRI, Bengaluru / Mangaluru
The Additional Director General, Audit, Bengaluru Zone, Bengaluru
Official website / Notice Board.
[SYED SADIQULLAH M.]
Monday, March 21, 2016
All Comments/correspondences may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org