The Minutes of the Annual General Body Meeting held at Bangalore on 22.01.2016 is placed below for information.
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETING
HELD AT BANGALORE ON 22.01.2016
The Annual General Body Meeting of the Karnataka Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and LTU Ministerial Officers’ Association was held on 22.01.2016. Smt.T.V.Rajalakshmi General Secretary of the Association welcomed the members and mentioned that the Association President Shri.U.Manjunath Holla will be retiring in the month of January 2016 and the General Body Meeting had to be convened for electing the new office bearers for all the positions in the Association consequent to completion of their tenure.
2. Smt.T.V.Rajalakshmi, General Secretary addressed the members and the House felicitated the President for his sincere and dedicated service for the Association both in the capacity of the President and Treasurer and requested the President to address the House. Shri U.Manjunath Holla, President addressed the members and stressed that the Association has to select young and energetic office bearers in order make the association more active and strong to solve the cadre related issues.
3. Smt.T.V.Rajalakshmi, General Secretary addressed the House and submitted the report mentioning the achievements made by the Association at the local level and also the support of the local association given at the All India level. The house was informed that Shri Shailendra Kumar Dutta from Bangalore IV Commissionerate was nominated from the Karnataka Unit at a short notice to attend the All India Association special meeting on 23.1.2016 at Ahmedabad. The House also congratulated the members of the Association who had been awarded the Presidential Award for their Specially distinguished record of service. Further she presented the accounts of the Association. She informed the house that with the co-operation and support from all the Members, the efforts of the Association in pursuing some of the long pending demands had yielded positive results. Further she congratulated all the members who had got their promotions in the various cadres consequent to cadre restructuring.
4. Since the tenure of the existing office bearers had expired, the House then proceeded to elect/ nominate the office bearers for the various posts. Smt. Geeta Menon and Smt Radha Madhavan, Administrative Officers were requested to officiate as the presiding officers to oversee the election/ nomination proceedings.
5. Thereafter, the House unanimously elected/nominated the following Members to the respective posts as the Office bearers of the Association.
1. President - Smt Prafulla Prakash;
2. Vice-President - Smt.T.R.Saraswathy;
3. General Secretary - Shri Syed Sadiqulla
4. Joint Secretary - Shri J. Jaykumar
5. Treasurer - Shri Deepak.R
6. Joint Treasurer - Shri G.Chetan
7. Central Executive Committee:- -
Chief Commissioner –Cadre
Control Unit, Bangalore Zone - Shri S.V.Haridas
Commissionerate-I C.Ex., - Smt. Mary Anthonyamma
Commissionerate-II-C.Ex., - Shri Devendra Kumar
Commissionerate-III C.Ex., - Shri Nilesh K. A / Nandish H.M
Commissionerate-IV - Shri Shailendra Kumar Dutta
Commissionerate-V - Shri Sudha .K
Cus.City – Bangalore - Shri Deepak Chowdhary
Cus. Airport-Bangalore - Smt. Bindu Nair
Service Tax – I, Bangalore - Shri Narayanaswamy
Service Tax-II, Bangalore - Shri B.N. Arun Kumar
Service Tax, Audit, Bangalore - Sanal .G
Central Excise, Audit - Shri Bopanna G.N
Large Tax Payer Unit - Smt. Sudha Bhaskar
6. It was further decided that, in absence of any members from the other Commissionerates, the representatives of these Commissonerates shall be elected/nominated/co-opted in consultation with the members of the respective Commissionerates under intimation to the Chief Office bearers of the Association.
7. It was decided by the members of the House that meetings shall be organized by the General Secretary to discuss the cadre related issues.
The meeting then concluded with a vote of thanks presented by the General Secretary.
To,All the Members.
All Comments/correspondences may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org